Pastor Terry Yancey
AGK Ministry Network Superintendent
Whether it is within my home or through a ministry role, I am personally committed to develop leaders that will expand His church through spiritual passion, reaching the lost and discipleship.
- Began serving as the district superintendent of the Assemblies of God, Kansas fellowship in June, 1999.
- Lead the district Youth and Christian Education departments for 5.5 years.
- Served two wonderful churches as their lead pastor.
- Our first pastorate was Monett AG (1984 – 87)
- Our second was was Paola AG (’87 – 93.)
- Our first “full time” position was at First AG, Lincoln, Nebraska as the associate pastor with primary emphasis on youth ministry.
- I was brought up in a Christ-centered home by godly parents that actively served God in Assemblies of God churches wherever we lived.
- I met Karen in the fall of 1978 and knew instantly she was my God-directed destiny.
- We married January 3, 1979 and have been in active ministry together ever since.
- During the first seven years of our marriage, the Lord blessed us with two sons and a daughter, all of whom are now grown and married.
- Jeremy and his wife, Janet, are lead pastors in Lufkin, Texas, at First AG.
- Jerod and his wife, Lindsey, are lead pastors in Ottawa, Kansas at Hope Anthem Church.
- Lacey and her husband, Troy, are lead pastors of a new church plant in Manhattan, Kansas, Rock Hills Church. We have seven wonderful grandchildren.
- I graduated from Violet Hill High School in 1977 among the top 20 in my class. (There were only 22 in my class.)
- After one year of marriage in Independence, Missouri, Karen and I moved to Springfield, Missouri. It was there that Karen worked full time at a dentist office and earned her PhT (putting hubby through) while I earned a BA from Central Bible College.
- Many years later it was my joy to earn a Master of Arts degree through a partnership program between Southeastern University, Lakeland, FL, and the Assemblies of God Theological Seminary, Springfield, MO.
- In May 2014, I completed my Doctor of Ministry program through AGTS. There are multiple avenues through which ministers may grow and develop mentally. I’m grateful for the “formal” education afforded me and for the multiple godly people that influenced (and continue to influence) my continual development both inside and outside of classrooms.